An Introduction to Lastics & Supplement to the DVD
This book introduces and explains the Lastics® stretching technique and also offers a companion guide to A Stretch Workout Like No Other, the DVD. In addition to correcting the most common stretching mistakes people make during Lastics classes, there is also a section to help you track improvements, not only in your flexibility, but in your overall well-being too.
Donna busts popular myths and explains why traditional stretching methods such as:
- Holding a stretch for a fixed amount of time misses the point.
- Dynamic and static stretching net the same underwhelming results unless you learn one simple concept.
- Using straps to stretch rob your body of the opportunity to develop the independence and intelligence it needs to move freely.
You will discover:
- How Lastics retrains the body to stretch in a way that gets results
- What is wrong with how stretching is researched and the way it is taught
- How stretching can improve your relationship with your body and overall wellness
Inside you will receive:
- A stretch-by-stretch guide to our basic DVD
- Important tips "At-a-Glance"
- Tracking section to identify opportunities for better health